Friday, October 19, 2012

Bake Happy Love

There are a gazillion recipes to be found on the internet and there are plenty that get rave reviews from hundreds of readers. Unfortunately for me, there are good recipes I've tried that produce results I'm not very happy with. So when I do find a recipe that I like, chances are all the other stuff they post are right up my alley and I'll be following that baker/site like a crazy person!

I stumbled upon Aikko Aragon's blog when I was searching the net for local bakers. Bake Happy is packed with tutorials, recipes and great photos of Aikko's baking adventures. I love how Aikko writes! She's super funny and when you read her posts it's like you have been friends for a long time. I tried her recipe for the perfectly moist chocolate cake and oh my chocolate! I have found the one. It's got a secret ingredient that makes it extra fluffy and tasty in my opinion. Can you guess what it is?

I had to tweak the recipe a bit since my oven is really small and can only fit one 6-count muffin pan at a time. The original recipe can of course be found on the fabulous Bake Happy site.

Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
Adapted from Bake Happy (bakehappy.blogspot.com)

Ingredients: (Yield: 16 cupcakes)

1 and 1/4 cup cake flour
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp vanilla extract

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F, assemble cupcake liners in pan
2. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise and sugar until smooth
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder
4. Add a third of the flour mixture to the mayonnaise mixture
5. Add half of the water
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4, end with the flour mixture. Mix well.
7. Add vanilla extract
8. Scoop into cupcake liners and bake at 350*F for 15 minutes
9. Insert toothpick after 15 minutes, if it comes out clean then it's done!
If there are still crumbs sticking to the toothpick, bake for about 5 more minutes.



They say that the true test of a good cupcake is if it tastes good "naked" or without any frosting, and this recipe - although its delicious with buttercream frosting and chocolate ganache -  it still tastes fantastic without!

Thank you Aikko, you're the best! :D

4 comments:

  1. i already tried this recipe ling and i like it more with frosting. i am ms. aikko's silent fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Ghie, let's be "silent" fans together! Ive emailed Aikko several times and messaged her through facebook and kakatuwa that she finds time to reply pa rin :-) Sana maka bake date natin sya one day lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ling!

    I haven't really properly thanked you for blogging about Bake Happy so here goes my heartfelt thank you thank you thank you!! *hugs* :)

    cheers
    Aikko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre super welcome Aikko! and thank you too for your blog :D I know you get this all the time but Bake Happy really is inspiring :)

      Delete