I stumbled upon Aikko Aragon's blog when I was searching the net for local bakers. Bake Happy is packed with tutorials, recipes and great photos of Aikko's baking adventures. I love how Aikko writes! She's super funny and when you read her posts it's like you have been friends for a long time. I tried her recipe for the perfectly moist chocolate cake and oh my chocolate! I have found the one. It's got a secret ingredient that makes it extra fluffy and tasty in my opinion. Can you guess what it is?
I had to tweak the recipe a bit since my oven is really small and can only fit one 6-count muffin pan at a time. The original recipe can of course be found on the fabulous Bake Happy site.
Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
Adapted from Bake Happy (bakehappy.blogspot.com)
Ingredients: (Yield: 16 cupcakes)
1 and 1/4 cup cake flour
1 and 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350*F, assemble cupcake liners in pan
2. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise and sugar until smooth
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder
4. Add a third of the flour mixture to the mayonnaise mixture
5. Add half of the water
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4, end with the flour mixture. Mix well.
7. Add vanilla extract
8. Scoop into cupcake liners and bake at 350*F for 15 minutes
9. Insert toothpick after 15 minutes, if it comes out clean then it's done!
If there are still crumbs sticking to the toothpick, bake for about 5 more minutes.
Thank you Aikko, you're the best! :D